Taco-Man Plays Zelda 2 Taco-Man Plays Zelda 2

Well done, but could have been more funny or inventive.

And besides, Zelda 2 is awesome. :) It's different from the others yes, but the biggest flaw I could actually find in the game is that there is the stupidly easy way to beat the very last boss. :)

Samination responds:

Thanks!

2 Guys & a Jigsaw Puzzle 2 Guys & a Jigsaw Puzzle

A well-done short movie

It's a nice and well done video that describes an idea in a neat and and appropriately compact and humoristic package.

The thing I'm wondering though is why do you emphasize this as having no hidden messages and just being a jigsaw story? That isn't really funny as a joke, nor does it prevent people from getting offended. Instead, I feel that that's basically just undermining the whole movie.

Army Of Darkness INTRO Army Of Darkness INTRO

Great stuff!

This kind of reminds me of some old short animations I made with Deluxe animation back in the day. :) But they were just having fun as a kid and can't really be compared to this.

Obviously a lot of effort went into this, and it shows respect to the actual movie. It's kind of hard to review a thing like this though. It's well done, but there is really no way you can call it original. I was about to give this an 8, but to support the spirit of something that's genuinely Old school%u2122 I'll give this a 9. :)

changeType() changeType()

Neat game from Nitrome again, although not as good or inventive as my favorite Nitrome game, Faultline. In any case, the concept works, and the visual style is quite nice. Some feedback:

- Dying because of not paying enough attention and not remembering a swap and in not being properly visualized in the game isn't that much fun. Expressing the current effect through some glitches not only when actually touching the block could be nice.
- There is a bug with the music that makes the music play twice, with two tracks overlapping with each other, which is disturbing. By disabling the music from the menu I get it to play only once, but can't disable the music fully. This happened on both times I tried the game, although reloading the page fixes the problem.

Ps. I didn't get how you are supposed to finish the last level. The last jump just seems one block too high - unless you're supposed to do an insanely difficult mid-air enemy-bop, which would be just too evil. Is that what you're supposed to do?

Alien Splatter Alien Splatter

A pretty nice NESish experience. Some modern features do make it differ from the old games though:
- Enemies don't reappear if their position goes off screen.
- You get to choose whether to take a new weapon and there is a visual instruction for that.
- Bullets collide with the world, not just the enemies.

Although these make the game less authentic old school experience, they might not be a bad thing. However, I'm kind of missing one more modern thing that did exist in some older games too like Contra: being able to shoot in 8 directions.

Only one week to make? You must have had a lot of existing assets and code base to begin with...

SinclairStrange responds:

Aye, the enemy thing is just my preference and I do have some games in my collection that when an enemy is dead, it's dead for good.

The choosing weapon is actually from Gunstar Heroes because I love the fact that if you accidentally go over it, you're not punished with collecting the weapon. And same with the bullets, some games they get destroyed by walls and some don't. (To combat this, I actually made some weapons go through walls and some not.)

Not included eight directions was a time saver mainly and also I wanted to save that for my other game getting released soon.

And yes, one week. All graphics from scratch, no existing assets. Same with the coding side of things as well. I've made lots of these so I guess I know what I'm doing and how to save time in areas.

Enough Plumbers 2 Enough Plumbers 2

Really fun game! It makes you laugh and offers fun puzzles too!

There is a problem with the mechanic on level 28 though: sometimes as you change from Yosh... I mean hop off your ride you sometimes just don't get the fire protection. This can be pretty annoying.

The Scroll and Dragon The Scroll and Dragon

A very immersive track!

This creates a fantastic sense of actually being part of a medieval or fantasy setting.

MechanicalThunder RobotDay2010 MechanicalThunder RobotDay2010

Very nice!

Works perfectly in the game Omega Box!

Dot Dot Dot Dot Dot Dot

Excellent!

Excellent! :D

I liek the "beacuase" partecluarly.